Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Halo - The Fall of Reach


The reason that the Halo universe is probably the greatest fictional game universe ever created is the superb writing behind it. This fact is proven in this phenomenal prequel which provides the backstory behind the Spartans. The first time I played Halo was in Negi's apt in Bombay and I didn't leave the apt for 2 days straight till I completed Halo 2. It was so addictive and the only reason I haven't bought an Xbox yet is coz I would never leave the house.

Halo along with Half-Life and Unreal redefined what gaming could mean and it's a huge lesson to any developers out there to get a fucking good writer involved and spend the necessary time to flesh out each and every aspect of the story and the characters.

How I bleed to see Master Chief John 117 on the big screen.

No comments:

Post a Comment